We are confident that we can provide the eye care you need. Below you’ll find a list of some of the key eye care services that our optometric practice offers.
Thorough Eye Exams are just the beginning…
Comprehensive eye exams for adults and children, co-management of laser vision correction surgery, caring for eye emergencies and so much more. The optometrists at Whitby & Brooklin Vision Care provide comprehensive eye care to patients of all ages including treatment for a range of conditions including glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, dry eye, cataracts and macular degeneration.
Eye See…Eye Learn
Eye See…Eye Learn is a unique program designed to promote readiness for learning among our “almost-ready-for- school”-aged children and to emphasize the importance of routine comprehensive eye exams with our eye doctors at Whitby Vision Care.
- Learn more about what problems can be spotted with an eye exam, what’s involved in a comprehensive exam, and special considerations for kids and contacts.
- Early identification of a child's vision problem is crucial.
- Including Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, and Cataracts.
- We use the most up-to-date technology to ensure the best eye care possible. Learn about the different types of tests and equipment you may experience on a visit to our Practice.
- Did you know your optometrist can help you with red eyes, pink eye, or sore eyes, foreign body removal and eye emergencies? For emergencies, please refer here for instruction.
- If you're ready for an alternative to glasses and/or contacts look to us for co-management of LASIK, cataract, and other ocular surgery.
- Dry eyes result from the chronic lack of lubrication and moisture on the surface of the eye, which can cause minor irritations, an inability to wear contact lenses and an increased risk of corneal inflammation and eye infections.
- Low vision is the term used to describe reduced eyesight that cannot be fully corrected with eyeglasses, contact lenses or eye surgery. The primary causes of low vision are eye diseases, but low vision also can be inherited or caused by an eye or brain injury.
- Astigmatism is a very common eye condition that's easily corrected by eyeglasses or contact lenses and on some occasions, surgery.
- Does holding a newspaper farther from your face help you see the words? For this reason, presbyopia is sometimes called "long-arm syndrome."
- Vision plays a crucial role throughout childhood and beyond. Yet many parents don't understand how vision helps their children develop appropriately.
- Sports eyewear can give you the performance edge you're seeking for just about any sport (tennis, racquetball, etc.) or recreational activity (hunting, fishing, etc.). It can also provide the safety and eye protection you need as well.