Whitby Vision Care and Brooklin Vision Care are taking EXTRA STEPS to ensure the safety of our patients, staff and community.
Whitby Vision Care and Brooklin Vision Care priorities are to provide an experience that promotes the health of our patients and employees. And as your health care provider, we are monitoring the COVID-19 situation very closely. Your confidence in us is very important. As a result, to maintain the highest level of safety for our patients, staff and doctors, and what is best for our community, Whitby and Brooklin Vision Care have decided to be open for essential/emergency services only starting Wednesday March 18, 2020. We are planning to be back in full operation April 6, 2020 unless told otherwise. We have enhanced our already rigorous cleaning protocol as well as encouraging our employees to take additional safety precautions with our patients and within our office.
Additional Safety Precautions
- All patient points of contact thoroughly disinfected throughout the office, after each use.
- Providing hand sanitizer at check in and check out
- Dispensary is closed to minimize any point of contact from patient to patient.
- Social distancing throughout the office.
- Control of patient flow at all points within the office.
To screen our patients, we will be asking every patient additional precautionary questions prior to and upon their arrival for their appointment. We will ask if they have travelled outside Canada - or anyone in their household – in the last 14 days, if they are experiencing any respiratory symptoms (cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing), fever or newly developed red eye(s).
With these additional safety precautions, we will continue to see patients for essential services only, and will be in touch to reschedule non-essential appointments. While we will not be seeing any patients who are experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19, or have travelled outside of Canada in the last two weeks, we encourage you to contact us by phone to discuss further with the on-call doctor.
Although we will be closing the door to control the flow, we will be open for business Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 12:00pm. providing the following services:
- Ocular Emergencies assessed over the phone, and seen by appointment by optometrist, or referred out, at optometrist’s discretion.
- Broken or lost glasses replaced.
- Ordering and free shipping of contact lenses
- Ordering of pharmaceuticals (artificial tears, vitamins and lid wipes)
- Renewal of pharmacy prescriptions.
Brooklin Vision Care’s patients will be directed to Whitby Vision Care’s on -call services during this time.
We will work with you throughout this process. We will continue to closely monitor this situation by staying in contact with Health Canada, health organizations, communicating with our professional colleagues and relying on other experts.
Thank you for trusting Whitby Vision Care and Brooklin Vision Care for your eye care needs. As we move forward and navigate this situation, yours and our employee’s safety will always be our main concern.
We are diligent before you get here,
And you can feel safe when you are here. We are here for your eyecare needs.